Tuesday 10 March 2009

Being Remiss in the Blogging World

Many apologies for the long space between communicating via this here blog. But what used to take me two days to accomplish has taken me a whole week; namely decorating one room. On the surface, it all looks quite fine, but my grand-daughter's beady eye pointed out where "Bits are missed." So what, but today has really put the tin hat on it, I can tell you that varnish is a nasty, nasty substance and my new doors look a bugger. However, I am not going to worry, and if they become too much for even an imperfectionist like myself, I can always slap a bit of paint on. I certainly have plenty.

I have the greatest sympathy now for Michelangelo and his work on the Sistine Chapel. I could hear him sighing in dismay as I slapped yet another blob on the floor, as opposed to the door frame. Never mind, I do enjoy being creative with paint, brush, roller and lots and lots of cleaning materials. OK, I am boring myself now, so if you saw this one, thank you, if you didn't, I can't say I blame you. All you painters and decorators out there need have no fear of competition from me, rest assured your jobs are safe!

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet if that granddaughter and her critical eye could see the Sistine Chapel up close,she'd note that Michelangelo might've missed a bit or two as well.

    What don't you like about the new doors, the finish of the varnish (High gloss, satin, that sort of thing) or the color of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I read this just after reading a real estate ad for a place that is "not finished". Great timing. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, I have tried to comment on your lovely Caste piece, Michelle, to no avail. NDR, it is the runnels of varnish that turned up after I thought I had finished, that I don't like. I hope this comment goes, I am sick of reading funny script and being asked foolish questions I don't know the answers to. (Never end a sentence with a preposition, but i am mad now!) Thank you for commenting, annie. x

    ReplyDelete